Saturday, December 18, 2010

K.I.S.S. Wrap

I wanna claim that I'm being resourceful this year with my gift wrapping. But to be quite honest I'm just plain lazy to dig out the Christmas wrap box under loads of other boxes from the storage. So I decided to use whatever was easily accessible in arms reach.

This means brown paper wrap, twine, scrap paper and accessories, branches from the tree and freshly made borax ornaments!

I've been really obsessed with giving kits (like the mexican hot chocolate kit) this year, but I thought it would be fun for the receiver to open the kit piece by piece. So I distinguished each "part" with a mini playing card to open each gift in order beginning with the Ace card. It extends the fun of opening gifts and as they open piece by piece they can figure out what kind of kit they received!

A few of our family and friends have been coming over and they were fascinated by the borax ornaments. So I had them make their own and I used the finished ornaments to top their packages.

Using plain wrapping paper forces you to be creative with finishing the gift! It's amazing what you can create with everyday items you have laying around! You could use leaves and branches collected from a walk, buttons, lace something from the junk drawer. The possibilities are endless!


“You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.”
~ Kahlil Gibran

No comments: