Thursday, September 29, 2011

So It Begins...

In the latest Woman's Day Celebrations magazine there is a DIY article on creating specimen boxes for Halloween.


I had a severed finger laying around to spare.


The quote reads "She hath made an erroneous point"


I thought the kitchen is an appropriate space to hang the specimens.


Love the striped green and black background!


All that was needed for this project (almost all items were purchased at Michael's):
Shadow boxes, spray paint to color the boxes, foam core, specimens, T-pins, computer to print out tags.


Although the shadow boxes were inexpensive they had to be sanded and spray painted several times. The ones I purchased have plastic windows which I don't recommend.



Would it be strange to have these up all year round?

"In our case, finding a Lucy is unique. No one will ever find another Lucy. You can't order one from a biological supply house. It's a unique discovery, a unique specimen."
~ Donald Johanson




1 comment:

Christen said...

Amazing! I especially love the finger one!!

I saw this craft in a magazine and am dying to try it this year too; I love the idea of striped paper in the background.