Monday, October 16, 2006

Gardenias and Strawberry Balls



There is not a day that goes by, that I don't find something to write about. Too bad my time doesn't coincide with my mind! Too many weekends just fly by. A few weekends ago we went to Davenport and took in the warmth of the sand and the sounds of the calm ocean. Kevin built this scary looking face out of sand
and I guess Mochi thought it was scary too...because with one swipe of the paw she destroyed it. The day was absolutely perfect and peaceful. As the sun went down the moon was full and bright..we even made it to another beach at sunset. But I kick myself for not bringing the camera to capture those moments. This past weekend I attended the http://www.bookartsjam.org/. There are many fascinating book artists out there I especially loved Marianne Lettieri's work, it was very inspirational. After the Book Jam I decided to stop by Kinokuniya Bookstore http://www.kinokuniya.com/ and I picked up this cute book

Now, I just need to find some time to make these plush toys! As I was shopping in the Japanese Book Store, it dawned on me that I live in such a great area, where exposure to different cultures is just a short drive away...and we are lucky to live so close to these places. Although I wouldn't mind flying to Japan and checking out the real deal!

Usually, late spring is my favorite season, but when I woke up this morning the air was crisp and by lunch the sun was bursting out but the air was cold and fresh. When I walked Mochi at lunch, I past a gardenia bush...have you ever stopped and smelled the gardenias? Oh my! They have a beautiful pungent smell that brings back sweet memories. As my walk continued I noticed a big tree, with what looked like candy dangling from the tree...these candies are actually strawberry fruit from the strawberry tree. I believe they are actually edible (don't try it without some research) but I picked one for inspiration. The texture of the skin is bumpy, but smooth at the same time. These little things in life, really brighten my day! If you ever get a chance to take a stroll, don't forget to stop and really enjoy the little things in life, it could be a great source of inspiration!

No comments: