Monday, August 10, 2009

Shake It Like A Polaroid Picture!


Did you know Polaroid Cameras was discontinued in 2007? Yup! I couldn't believe it. After I received this news I immediately became obsessed with finding a camera and film. During my search I found a FREE down loadable program that won't replace the camera but is a huge runner up.

It's on the website Poladroid. You can convert your digital photos to look like a Polaroid picture (as seen with Mochi's picture above). You can even "shake" the photo with your mouse just like you would with a Polaroid. I love it! Yes, and it's FREE although, donations are gladly accepted! I hear iPhone also has an application for this.

However I still wanted the real thing. I end up finding one on craigslist for 15 buckaroos. Now, I'm waiting with my fingers crossed for the film to arrive and hoping to see if the camera functions properly. Did you know the batteries for a Polaroid camera are located in the film pack? (Hence the crossing of the fingers).

"Shake it, shake it like a Polaroid Picture, shake it, shake it
Shh you got to, shake it, shh shake it, shake it, got to shake it
(Shake it Suga') shake it like a Polaroid Picture"
-OutKast in Hey Ya

4 comments:

Karin said...

I LOVE this!!
I have already downloaded it to my computer and the app on my iphone!

Great find Romy!
thanks for sharing!

xoxo
~k

Sherry Goodloe said...

That photo of Mochi is just TOOOOOOO precious! *smiles*

Lisa said...

Too bad I didn't know you wanted one sooner. I just threw out several when we cleaned up my Dad's house.

Joy said...

You are a silly girl. I love you.