Monday, September 08, 2008

Spools, spools...what do I do?

I purchased a huge bag of these adorable mini spools at the thrift store awhile back and finally decided to make something of them! But oh so many to paint! I created a prototype of some sorts and will reveal the secret project soon! Other things that are being created in the wood shop are more mushrooms! I am so happy with the way they came out!
The brown on these mushrooms actually has a bit of a maroon tint, I love it!

Can't forget the pink mushrooms. All the mushrooms are packaged and will be in the shop!

I also went estate sailing recently and was actually overwhelmed by the place! The owner was definitely a collector of all sorts! But I did manage to pick up a few items
A tin filled with random bits and pieces.
Not a birthday card, but a mini book. Very adorable vintage images
More books.
Now don't you think this is a cute little package? I thought so too! I picked it up threw in my basket and didn't think twice about it (as I usually do with cute packages). When I got home I decided to check out it's contents, what can possibly be in this adorable pouch...oh yeah toilet seat covers! Hilarious to me!
Yeah, yeah...I got more! I can't resist, do you blame me?

"Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up the pillow was gone."
-Tommy Cooper

1 comment:

Mikey said...

I vote for #10. really cool!