Friday, May 02, 2008

Not Monkey Business...


Chimp business! For some reason I have had this calling to learn more about chimps! I recently finished reading Nim Chimpsky The Chimp Who Would Be Human. The book itself is a bit sad and ok, but Nim Chimpski is fascinating! He is probably most famous for learning American Sign Language and communicating with it.
But I haven't stopped there...I've also been watching Escape to Chimp Eden on Animal Planet. If you've seen it please give a hoot out because I love this show!!!! My favorite chimp is Cozi Why you ask? He's the goofball and trouble maker of the group! All this chimp talk has got me running around pretending to pick off bugs (a sign of affection in chimp behavior) and hooting at friends and family. I'm sure, those who know me think I'm a bit strange anyway! Maybe that's why I love not only Cozi but chimps in general so much!

“Once I saw a chimpanzee gaze at a particularly beautiful sunset for a full 15 minutes, watching the changing colors [and then] retire to the forest without picking a pawpaw for supper.”
-Adriaan Kortlandt

No comments: